When you first start using Instagram, it can feel like the whole world is on your timeline. With more than a million users and counting, Instagram makes it easy to follow the latest trends and see what your friends are getting into. But as helpful as Instagram can be when you first sign up, the app can also be a slippery slope of limitations.
Instagram shadowbanning means hiding content from certain users or groups of users. When this happens, you won’t be able to see or follow certain people or posts altogether. It’s an issue that seems to come up often on social media, similar to how to use “Add Yours” on Instagram.
What Is an Instagram Shadowban?
An Instagram shadowban is when you’re prevented from seeing certain posts, comments, or users, usually for violating their policies. Depending on the circumstances, you may not be able to see all the content that’s available to other users.
Instagram Shadowban Reasons
These can all be reasons why someone might employ shadowbanning. Here are the most common ones:
– Misleading name: The name of an account might lie to you, making you think you’re seeing only part of the picture, when in fact you’re missing out on other important parts of the post.
– No followers: You might not know that this account has followers if you’re not following them back.
– Long-time account: Accounts that have been used frequently may have been shadowbanned.
– Too many clicks: Some users like to post a lot, but not everyone wants to be seen.
– Repetitive content: Some topics are more suited to repetitive posts than others, so you might get penalized for replying to one topic with another.
How to Remove an Instagram Shadowban
It’s important to note that while you can’t really “unban” an account that’s been shadowbanned, you can try to remove the ban by using the following steps:
– Set up an account on a new social media platform. If the shadowban was due to a long-standing account, start a new one and set it to “Private.”
– Follow the new account rules. This could involve following certain users only, removing certain words, or adhering to other account rules. After a few days, log out of Instagram and then back in and try again. Some users may have their accounts set up so that you have to log out and then back in before you can see them again.
What Happens When You Have an Instagram Shadowban?
If you have an account with Instagram, and you’re subject to an Instagram shadowban, all you can do is wait. That’s it. You’re stuck. While there’s no telling when a shadowban might happen to you, it’s a good idea to stay on top of the latest updates and policies to stay safe. Here are a few things you can do:
– Keep an eye on your stats.
– Don’t be afraid to get involved.
– Don’t be afraid to ask for help.